Conservation of cartoon drawing of a packed tram
- Owner: Private collection Gaboche Ars.
- Artefact: China ink, pencil, watercolour and gouache drawing.
- Author: Cesc (artistic name of catalan cartoonist Francesc Vila Rufas).
- Date: 20th c.
- Damages: Severe discolouration due to light exposure (inner brownish square). Oxidation in the edges (paler perimeter) was much lower because the mat prevented further light damage, hence causing a remarkable stain.
- Conservation treatment: Dry cleaning, wash cleaning, deacidification, light bleaching and flattening. After deacidification and chemical treatment of discolouration residues the stain was very much reduced, however, this stain was further treated by light bleaching, in order to dimiminsh the jeopardizing squared diference.
- Conservators: Rita Udina.
- Other links: Instagram @Gaboche_ars (see below).
Before and after conservation. Fotos: Pep Soler.
View this post on Instagram
AHEH (10) Alcon-Cusi Pharmacy Museum (5) Archive Barcelona Sants-Montjuïc Dst. (5) Archives (50) Barcelona City Council (13) Barcelona Municipal Archive (9) CoAC (Association of Architects of Catalonia) (15) Cores (5) Documentation Center of Catalan Orfeó (3) Domènech i Montaner (5) Gaboche Ars (3) Galleries (23) Gazi Husrev-Begova Biblioteka (3) GenCat (Government of Catalonia) (19) Historical Archive of Barcelona (3) Historical Archive of Lleida (4) Industrial Museum of Ter (4) Institute for Photographic Studies (IEFC) (3) INTACH (Dehli) (7) La Pedrera Foundation (3) Laura Corso (3) Libraries (29) Municipal Archive of Renteria (4) Museums (25) Márk Somogyi (3) National Archive of Catalonia (ANC) (8) National Museum of Norway (4) NSK - National Library and University (Zagreb CROATIA) (5) onLine (12) Pere Sacot (3) private collector (23) Provincial Council of Barcelona (DiBa) (5) Public Library of Girona Carles Rahola (7) Regional Archive Baix Ebre (3) Regional Archive Urgell (4) Regional Archive Vallès Occidental (4) Research Library of Dubrovnik (CROATIA) (4) Restauratoren Nederland (4) Rijksmuseum (4) Sant Cugat del Vallès Council (5) SICP (Chile, ARGENTINA) (3) SICP Chile (3) Sitges Museums (4) Tapestry Art Centre Grau Garriga (5) University of Granada (Spain) (4)