Conservation of limp vellum binding with flap and leather tackets, on reverse parchment
- Owner: Regional Archive of La Segarra (Cervera, Spain), Government of Catalonia.
- Object: Medieval manuscript on laid paper with limp vellum binding in reverse parchment, with flap and alum tawed leather tackets sealing the turnings. Sewing on two leather tackets.
- Date: 1411.
- Damages: Mould infection on folios and binding, with remarkable losses on the folios. Strong folds on the front cover, cockling of the spine and distortion of the binding hindered it from being able to be closed properly (besides from the fact that the lace of the button on the flap was missing).
- Conservation treatment: Dis-binding, mould treatment, consolidation and infill of main losses on the folios. Flattening of the binding, replacement of the alum tawed leather tackets, the parchment reinforcement of the button and the leather tackets on the spine. Sewing on the original binding and new lace for the button.
- Conservators: Paula Bueso, Rita Udina
- Project lead by: Rita Udina.
- Other links: Read the POST of this project if you’d like to see how we report the knots and tackets on the binding.
AHEH (10) Alcon-Cusi Pharmacy Museum (5) Archive Barcelona Sants-Montjuïc Dst. (5) Archives (50) Barcelona City Council (13) Barcelona Municipal Archive (9) CoAC (Association of Architects of Catalonia) (15) Cores (5) Documentation Center of Catalan Orfeó (3) Domènech i Montaner (5) Gaboche Ars (3) Galleries (23) Gazi Husrev-Begova Biblioteka (3) GenCat (Government of Catalonia) (19) Historical Archive of Barcelona (3) Historical Archive of Lleida (4) Industrial Museum of Ter (4) Institute for Photographic Studies (IEFC) (3) INTACH (Dehli) (7) La Pedrera Foundation (3) Laura Corso (3) Libraries (29) Municipal Archive of Renteria (4) Museums (25) Márk Somogyi (3) National Archive of Catalonia (ANC) (8) National Museum of Norway (4) NSK - National Library and University (Zagreb CROATIA) (5) onLine (12) Pere Sacot (3) private collector (23) Provincial Council of Barcelona (DiBa) (5) Public Library of Girona Carles Rahola (7) Regional Archive Baix Ebre (3) Regional Archive Urgell (4) Regional Archive Vallès Occidental (4) Research Library of Dubrovnik (CROATIA) (4) Restauratoren Nederland (4) Rijksmuseum (4) Sant Cugat del Vallès Council (5) SICP (Chile, ARGENTINA) (3) SICP Chile (3) Sitges Museums (4) Tapestry Art Centre Grau Garriga (5) University of Granada (Spain) (4)