Conservation of racing cars poster
A lithograph by Spanish painter Cidón, dated 1922
- Owner: Private collection Vergès-Fontanals.
- Object: Lithographic print, a poster of the 2nd edition of the car race “Armangué Trophy”, organized by the Royal Motorcycle Club of Catalonia.
- Author: Drawing by the Spanish painter Francisco de Cidón Navarro (Valencia, 1871 – Zaragoza, 1943). Printer and lithographer: J. Ortega (Valencia, Spain), the paradigmatic printing factory form Valencia, operating between 1871 and 2008.
- Damages: Silver fish losses (lepisma saccharina), folds, dirt.
- Conservation treatment: Wet cleaning, flattening, consolidation of losses (infilling) and inpaintig (retouch).
- Conservators: Ana Tourais, Rita Udina.
- Other links: Read the POST of this project if you want to see the inpainting process (and also see video below, rewind to see it from the beginning).
AHEH (10) Alcon-Cusi Pharmacy Museum (5) Archive Barcelona Sants-Montjuïc Dst. (5) Archives (50) Barcelona City Council (13) Barcelona Municipal Archive (9) CoAC (Association of Architects of Catalonia) (15) Cores (5) Documentation Center of Catalan Orfeó (3) Domènech i Montaner (5) Gaboche Ars (3) Galleries (23) Gazi Husrev-Begova Biblioteka (3) GenCat (Government of Catalonia) (19) Historical Archive of Barcelona (3) Historical Archive of Lleida (4) Industrial Museum of Ter (4) Institute for Photographic Studies (IEFC) (3) INTACH (Dehli) (7) La Pedrera Foundation (3) Laura Corso (3) Libraries (29) Municipal Archive of Renteria (4) Museums (25) Márk Somogyi (3) National Archive of Catalonia (ANC) (8) National Museum of Norway (4) NSK - National Library and University (Zagreb CROATIA) (5) onLine (12) Pere Sacot (3) private collector (23) Provincial Council of Barcelona (DiBa) (5) Public Library of Girona Carles Rahola (7) Regional Archive Baix Ebre (3) Regional Archive Urgell (4) Regional Archive Vallès Occidental (4) Research Library of Dubrovnik (CROATIA) (4) Restauratoren Nederland (4) Rijksmuseum (4) Sant Cugat del Vallès Council (5) SICP (Chile, ARGENTINA) (3) SICP Chile (3) Sitges Museums (4) Tapestry Art Centre Grau Garriga (5) University of Granada (Spain) (4)