Movie posters conservation
- Owner: Private collection.
- Artefacts: Printed poster Barbarella Queen of the Galaxy, 105 x 68 cm (1968); and a large scale lithographic poster À bout de souffle… (160 x 120 cm),1960.
- Authors: I don’t know on the first one, and Clément Hurel for the second.
- Damages: Tears, folds, some ancient retouching.
- Restoration treatments: Cleaning, reinforcing (lining), flattening and retouching.
I have restored large-scale posters, much bigger than these ones, and yet I scarcely remember one other case in which the paper was so big, a single piece. Usually large works are made by several pieces of paper, but this was not the case. Seberg … you are GREAT!