Workshop: Wet treatments
of Works on Paper (Köln, 2021)
- Workshop: Wet Treatments of Works on Paper, in Conservation.
- Organized by: Andrea Pataki-Hundt. CICS Cologne Institute of Conservation Sciences. Technology Art Sciences Köln (TH Köln), Germany.
- Teacher: Rita Udina.
- Attendees: Restricted to the students of the Bachelor’s program of Conservation and Restoration of Art and Cultural Property.
- Venue: Conservation and Restoration of Art and Cultural Property (Bachelor’s program). OnLine workshop.
- Dates: July 5-6, 2021 (full day).
- Language: English
- Program: Theoretical and practical sessions. When to apply acqueous treatments on paper, and how. From the basis of handling wet paper to more complex moisturizing, humidification and washing techniques (slant washing, capillary washing…).
Fugitivity tests, types of inks and their properties, and many case studies to show conservation treatments on real artwork: manuscripts and documents, drawings, watercolours, pastels, charcoal drawings…
AHEH (10) Alcon-Cusi Pharmacy Museum (5) Archive Barcelona Sants-Montjuïc Dst. (5) Archives (50) Barcelona City Council (13) Barcelona Municipal Archive (9) CoAC (Association of Architects of Catalonia) (15) Cores (5) Documentation Center of Catalan Orfeó (3) Domènech i Montaner (5) Gaboche Ars (3) Galleries (23) Gazi Husrev-Begova Biblioteka (3) GenCat (Government of Catalonia) (19) Historical Archive of Barcelona (3) Historical Archive of Lleida (4) Industrial Museum of Ter (4) Institute for Photographic Studies (IEFC) (3) INTACH (Dehli) (7) La Pedrera Foundation (3) Laura Corso (3) Libraries (29) Municipal Archive of Renteria (4) Museums (25) Márk Somogyi (3) National Archive of Catalonia (ANC) (8) National Museum of Norway (4) NSK - National Library and University (Zagreb CROATIA) (5) onLine (12) Pere Sacot (3) private collector (23) Provincial Council of Barcelona (DiBa) (5) Public Library of Girona Carles Rahola (7) Regional Archive Baix Ebre (3) Regional Archive Urgell (4) Regional Archive Vallès Occidental (4) Research Library of Dubrovnik (CROATIA) (4) Restauratoren Nederland (4) Rijksmuseum (4) Sant Cugat del Vallès Council (5) SICP (Chile, ARGENTINA) (3) SICP Chile (3) Sitges Museums (4) Tapestry Art Centre Grau Garriga (5) University of Granada (Spain) (4)